No matter the industry, the size of your business, or where you are located, or what kind of records you keep, you will probably use databases such as MS Access, MS SQL Server or perhaps an Oracle database in some form or another.
Databases can be used for an almost never-ending list of applications, from simple appointment-keeping and calendar tracking to full-scale physical data centres and terabytes of data storage.
Oracle offer a range of database product to suit all needs both on premise, via Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) or other cloud providers.
These are a few of the main database products:
- Enterprise Edition – ideal for large application needing high availability. On prem or Cloud options
- Standard Edition – more suited to medium to smaller organisations. On prem or Cloud options
- Express Edition (Oracle Database XE) – free to use but is restricted by size and resources.
- Personal Edition – for single user development.
- Autonomous database – cloud deployed choose from OLTP or Warehousing options. Free options available but is restricted by size and resources. Paid options available.
For decades, Savant have been working with organisations and businesses of all kinds with Oracle Database services to support them in making Production databases geographically resilient, and to provide test and training Database to ensure an environment that is functional and effective for their business.
Savant and Oracle
Savant has considerable experience of using Oracle tools to design, develop and build robust database solutions. This experience stretches back over 20 years and involves a diverse range of customers.
Savant has over the years carried out services that include:
- Bespoke Development.
- Database Administration.
- Database Design.
- Application and Data Migration.
- Application and Database support.
- Database migration.
- Oracle Forms development.
- Interfacing between Oracle Database and other systems using HL7 over TCP/IP.
- Use or Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM 13c) to manage databases.
For over a quarter of a century, the team at Savant has been devoting its time, energy and resources to developing innovative software and information systems. We’re the driving force behind many systems – from keeping the nation’s blood supplies flowing, to managing hospital stock control, to ensuring babies are fed the correct breast milk.
Our principal areas of expertise include:
- Analysis, design and build of bespoke systems.
- Integration and development of systems to support business intelligence.
- Support and maintenance of 24×7 mission critical systems.
- Consultancy with ‘hands on’ experience for IT and business users.
Savant’s Oracle skills set covers:
- Version from v8 up to v19.
- Creating, managing, tuning, and migrating databases.
- Use of Data Guard and active Data Guard.
- Use of RMAN for backup and recovery.
- Automating expired backup and log file removal.
- Use of OEM13c to maintain an Oracle estate.
- Flashback technology.
- Data Pump for import/export.
- OCI database experience.
- External tables to load csv / xlsx files.
Savant’s founding values are Structure, Simplicity, Durability and Growth. We continually strive to enhance our software to make it responsive, robust and user-friendly, whatever the nature of the project and however challenging the remit.
To learn more about how we can support in the creation and maintenance of Oracle databases for you and your organisation, please get in touch if you feel we are able to help in anyway.
Want To Know More?
Contact us today to learn more about our products and services and see how we can help you.