Savant’s Li-LAC™ human milk bank system enables you to manage all aspects of human breast-milk banking: from donation, to labelling, testing and production; through to tracking and distribution.
The Li-LAC system offers two applications: Li-LAC MB (Milk Bank) and Li-LAC MMC (Maternal Milk Checking) – which can be used independently or together. The combined system offers a full donor-to-recipient audit trail for donated and maternal breast milk.
Li-LAC MB (Milk Bank)
Li-LAC Milk Bank is a web-based application that provides a centralised track-and-trace control system for milk bank management.
Li-LAC MB can be bought as Software as a Service – with no upfront costs and only ongoing subscriptions payable. Or if you prefer, Li-LAC MB can be a local/internal installation – run on your own servers.
Li-LAC MB (Milk Bank) – Features
- Specifically designed for managing human milk bank donations
- Full traceability, with a comprehensive audit trail of all modifications
- Enforces standardised labeling of products, integrated into production processes
- Work flow management allows multiple processing workflows to be defined and managed for different milk products
- Consistent and rigorous testing regime with testing profiles for donors and products defined at site level
- Control of milk products to ensure only authorised products are released
- Removes the risk of contaminated products being released
- Immediate visibility of milk stocks and their processing status
- Ability to process ad-hoc and standing orders
- Facility to manage milk in batches
- Adheres to NICE guidelines and compliant to ISBT 128 barcode standards
Li-LAC MMC (Maternal Milk Checking)
Li-LAC MMC is designed for use in maternity and neonatal units to: firstly, check that maternal milk expressed in the unit is only given to the mother’s baby; and secondly to link donated milk (supplied to the baby unit) with the recipient baby.
Li-LAC MMC runs on handheld devices – which generate the barcode labels for the mother’s milk container and then checks the correct milk is fed (by scanning the baby’s wrist band or cot label and the container’s product barcodes).
Li-LAC MMC creates ‘feed logs’ to show the link between the product and the baby. The logs can then be either analysed on a PC or loaded into Li-LAC MB to create a full audit trail of donor and maternal milk use. The system creates a log of potential mis-feeds – where there has been an attempt to feed a product to the wrong baby, helping identify where action may be needed.
Li-LAC MMC (Maternal Milk checking) – Features
- Produces barcode labels for maternal milk expressed in neonatal or maternity unit
- Checks that maternal milk is given to the correct baby
- Stops the wrong milk being fed to a baby
- Produces logs recording when a baby was fed, with what volume
- Records audit trail for both maternal and donor milk
- Linked to Li-LAC MB to show full details of donor- to recipient feed information
- Full user security, only allowing authorised users to check milk
- System requires no connection to network or servers
- Runs on Zebra TC51-HC devices – with an interface similar to a mobile phone
- Zebra TC51-HC is compliant with infection control processes
- Wireless label printing via Zebra anti-microbial printers
- All labels are produced using ISBT 128 standard barcodes
- Works with existing mother and baby wristband barcodes