Savant’s Li-LAC™ human milk bank system manages all aspects of human breast milk donation, labelling, testing, production, tracking and distribution.
Li-LAC consists of two applications:
Li-LAC MB – Milk Bank
Li-LAC MMC – Maternal Milk Checking
The two applications link to build a full donor to recipient audit trail for donor and maternal breast milk.
Li-LAC MB (Milk Bank)
Li-LAC MB is a web based application that provides a centralised track and trace control system for milk bank management.
Li-LAC MB can be bought as Software as a Service – with no upfront costs and only ongoing subscriptions payable or if you prefer, Li-LAC MB can be a local/internal installation – run on your own servers.
Li-LAC MB (Milk Bank) – Features
- Specifically designed for managing human milk bank donations
- Full traceability, with a comprehensive audit trail of all modifications
- Enforces standardised labeling of products, integrated into production process
- Work flow management allows multiple processing workflows to be defined and managed for different milk products
- Consistent and rigorous testing regime with testing profiles for donors and products defined at site level
- Control of milk products to ensure only authorised products are released
- Removes the risk of contaminated products being released
- Immediate visibility of milk stocks and their process state
- Ability to process ad-hoc and standing orders
- Facility to manage milk in batches
- Adheres to NICE Guidelines and compliant to ISBT 128 barcodes.
Li-LAC MMC (Maternal Milk Checking)
Li-LAC MMC is a new addition to the suite. It is designed to be used in a maternity or neonatal unit to both check that maternal milk expressed in the unit is only given to her baby and also to build the link between donor milk supplied to the neonatal unit and which baby it was fed to. The system is an app running on a handheld device which produces barcode labels for mother’s own milk and also is used to check (by scanning the baby wrist band and product barcodes), that the correct milk is fed.
Li-LAC MMC creates feed logs to show the link between product and baby. The logs can then be either analysed on a PC or loaded into Li-LAC MB to create a full audit trail of donor and maternal milk use. The system creates a log of potential misfeeds, where a user has attempted to feed a product to the wrong baby, to identify where training needs to be given to the member of staff involved ensuring that the feed processes are understood.
Li-LAC MMC (Maternal Milk checking) – Features
- Produces barcode labels for maternal milk expressed in neonatal or maternity unit
- Checks that maternal milk is given to the correct baby
- Stops the wrong milk being fed to a baby
- Produces logs recording when a baby was fed, with what volume
- Records audit trail for both maternal and donor milk
- Linked to Li-LAC MB to show full details of donor- to recipient feed information
- Full user security, only allowing authorised users to check milk
- System requires no connection to network or servers
- Uses Zebra TC51-HC device with an interface similar a mobile phone
- Zebra TC51-HC is compliant with infection control processes
- Wireless label printing via Zebra anti-microbial printers
- All labels are produced using ISBT standard barcodes
- Works with existing mother and baby wristband barcodes.